Founding of Club
The Kiwanis Club of Redlands was chartered as an affiliated club of Kiwanis International on April 11, 1922 . The club began with just 9 members and has grown to its current membership of 88 and continues to serve the needs of the citizens of Redlands, providing scholarships for local youth, as well as manpower and economic resources for worthy local projects.
The motto of Kiwanis since 1920, has been We Build. Simple, yet profound, these words describe the major emphasis of our club: To build conscientious, responsible future citizens by placing emphasis on our most precious resource; our young children
Kiwanis is a worldwide service organization of people who want to improve their communities. As a group, they can achieve what individuals cannot do alone. Kiwanians attend Kiwanis Club meetings for fellowship and inspiration and they perform voluntary community services. Anyone who has a residence, place of business, or interests in our community is eligible for Kiwanis membership. .